There was once a season when my life was filled with bridal showers and weddings, but now that season has changed and I’m surrounded by babies! Since it seems like there’s a new baby appearing at least every other month, I’m always looking for modern, unique baby gifts!
I thought I’d share a few of my favourite gifts, and to make it extra special, all of these gifts are handmade right here in Canada! You can shop local, support small business owners and make sure the babies in your life are decked out in the coolest handmade items.
1. This 6-pack of black & white striped bamboo jersey washcloths by WestCoastBaby are a great practical gift for new parents and babies. They are hand sewn in Abbotsford, British Columbia and are a gift sure to get lots of use! $13
2. I am absolutely in love with the little baby moccasins in distressed camel by ullaviggo! They are handmade in Winnipeg, Manitoba and an awesome gender neutral gift! They come in all sizes from newborn to 4T, so they’d even make a great 1st or 2nd birthday gift! $35
3. This organic cotton baby blanket from Fox & Rebel is cute and modern in its black & white arrow pattern. It is handmade in Vancouver, BC and also comes in matching burp cloth and hat! $42
4. This modern infinity circle bib scarf by MiniEm is a stylish way to catch droll if you know a baby who’s too cool to rock a regular bib. The cute cotton scarf/bibs are handmade in Toronto, Ontario. $15
5. These modern organic cotton leggings from Baby Dear are a stylish and memorable gift. They are handmade in Edmonton, Alberta and pair perfectly with onsies. $22
6. This gorgeous cream and black knitted heart blanket from Yarningmade is handmade in Victoria, British Columbia. I think it’s safe to say this cozy blanket is the perfect addition to any nursery! $115
Any amazing handmade Canadian baby gifts I missed? I love to hear about them!